Air ducts are vital components of any good heating and cooling system. Ducts are the pathways that distribute conditioned air throughout your home, producing comfortable temperatures throughout the building. Air ducts are especially delicate in commercial buildings because the duct system is larger and more intricate, and more individuals are likely depending on the air that ducts distribute.
Unfortunately, dirty air ducts can have negative effects on the air quality in your home or business. Dirty air ducts can trigger allergic reactions, asthma attacks, and more. Worse, dirty air ducts will be less capable of distributing the warm or cool air produced by the unit, and air conditioners, heaters, and heat pumps must work harder in order to produce pleasant temperatures. Thankfully, you can hire home air duct cleaning in Norcross to address these problems. How do you know if you need these services? Here are some signs that a professional air duct cleaning is necessary:
- There is visible mold or mildew along the sides of your air ducts
- The sheet metal or other duct material appears discolored in certain areas
- The air from your vents smells dirty or dingy
- You suspect that insects are travelling through your air ducts or you have seen pests inside them
- You have noticed pest droppings in your ducts
- Your home is over 10 years old and you have never had professional air duct cleaning done
- Inhabitants of your home show worsening signs of allergies, trouble breathing clearly, or other signs of poor indoor environmental hygiene
- You notice dust or dirt particles blowing out of your vents
- The insides of your ducts are caked in dirt or dust
- You feel that your air conditioner or heater seems less responsive to the thermostat
Professional home air duct cleaning in Norcross can address all of the above problems and make your indoor air smell and feel healthy again. Contact professionals in your area for a thorough cleaning and you may be shocked by the amount of unwanted grime they remove, as well as by the positive results.